B.A.M.B.I. (Bangkok Mothers & Babies International) (1982)…is a project of the Childbirth & Breastfeeding Foundation of Thailand (CBFT). We are a non-profit organization run by volunteer parents. Our aim is to provide support and companionship for pregnant women and parents of young children of all nationalities in Bangkok. BAMBI supports all moms whatever their birth and baby feeding choices may be. At the same time, we promote what is considered by UNICEF, the WHO, and the Thai government as ‘best practice’ to promote and support healthy moms and babies. Read about our unique history.
- Support international and local parents, especially mothers, in learning about and navigating pregnancy and adjusting to life as new parents in Bangkok.
- Provide social spaces for children and parents/caregivers to interact.
- Help families new to Bangkok settle in by offering spaces to connect, share experiences, and get further support.
- Nurture diversity as a multicultural organization.
- Give back to our host country and support the well-being of disadvantaged Thai families and children.
We seek to achieve our goals through:
- Hosting weekly meetups with knowledgeable volunteers who can provide prenatal and postnatal support and information.
- Holding regular playgroups and activities for young children around Bangkok.
- Celebrating seasonal family events.
- Sharing information about living and parenting in Thailand through BAMBI’s monthly magazine and blog.
- Supporting charitable organizations in Thailand that promote family or child welfare through partnerships and financial contributions where appropriate.
- Valuing our volunteers who make BAMBI’s existence possible.
BAMBI will adapt its activities to better serve the needs of our members.See our Constitution and browse the annual Chairwoman’s Reports.