B.A.M.B.I. (Bangkok Mothers & Babies International) (1982)
…is a project of the Childbirth & Breastfeeding Foundation of Thailand (CBFT). We are a non-profit organization run by volunteer parents. Our aim is to provide support and companionship for pregnant women and parents of young children of all nationalities in Bangkok.
BAMBI supports all moms whatever their birth and baby feeding choices may be. At the same time, we promote what is considered by UNICEF, the WHO, and the Thai government as ‘best practice’ to promote and support healthy moms and babies.
Read about our unique history.
- To provide pre-natal and post-natal support.
- To provide support and advice to the parents of babies and young children.
- To provide information relating to childbirth and childcare.
- To support and promote educational programs designed to assist in establishing high-quality childcare.
- To encourage the setting up of playgroups for young children.
- To sponsor activities beneficial to the members of BAMBI.
- To support charitable organizations in Thailand involved with the family or child welfare, including the making of financial contributions where appropriate.
See our Constitution.
BAMBI is a non-profit organization. Surplus funds raised through membership, donations, and activities are donated to local charities which reflect BAMBI’s concerns and priorities in supporting mothers and children. In any given year, the committee may choose to focus on one or two charities as principle benefactors. BAMBI volunteers’ annual membership fees are also donated to a charity chosen by the committee.
We are always looking for new ideas for worthy causes to support. Please let us know if you know of any non-profit organization which could use our help.
BAMBI is managed by a member-elected group of volunteers. We welcome BAMBI members to join us in running this growing organization. Some positions require a larger time commitment, while others simply require that you have a smiling face and give a little time. Some can be fulfilled almost entirely from home, while others will have you out and about at various BAMBI functions and in the community.
You’ll be sure of a warm welcome!