Call for Volunteers
BAMBI is run by a group of lovely volunteers. Want to have fun, work together with other great parents, brush up on your professional skills, and do something for the BAMBI community? This is your chance!
The volunteers who run BAMBI are organized into the following teams:
- BAMBI Playgroups (Coordinator, Assistants, Playgroup Leaders)
- Activities for kids over 3 years of age (Coordinator, Assistants, Activity Leaders)
- Events & Yard Sales (Coordinators and Assistants)
- Charities (Coordinator and Assistants)
- Media (Coordinator, E-newsletter Assistant, and Design Team)
- BAMBI News magazine (Editor, Deputy Editor, Assistant Editors, Photo Editor, Japanese Editors)
- Me-Time Project (Coordinator)
- WOMBLES evenings out (Coordinator)
- Administration/Management (Chairwoman, Vice-Chairwoman, Secretaries, Treasurer and Assistants, Website Coordinator and Assistants, Database Coordinator and Assistants, Benefits Coordinator)
- Language assistance (Coordinators)
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteering for BAMBI means you get to:
- Work with a great group of like-minded people and feel involved.
- Take a role in directing the future of BAMBI.
- Have something concrete to put on your resume.
Ummmm… zero! But entrance fees are waived for committee members attending BAMBI playgroups and events (including Bumps & Babies, Yard Sales, parties and special events). Volunteers and their families are also treated twice a year at fabulous volunteer appreciation events.
- All voting committee members are required to attend the monthly committee meeting.
- You and your family come first. As a volunteer, you will be expected to do what you say you will do, but with the understanding that being the parent of young children often brings unexpected situations. You will form part of a team of parents – everyone is in the same boat!
- While the committee year runs for 12 months, many of us are unsure of our tenure in Bangkok. All we ask is for your commitment for as long as you can manage it.
- All volunteers agree to abide by BAMBI’s statement of values.
For more info
Current vacancies are listed below.
To apply, please go to: bit.ly/volunteerbambi.
If you have questions or need more info, please contact us.
Be our CEO and coordinate the work of the Committee. Our Chairwoman acts as BAMBI’s official representative in the wider community and liaises with other voluntary groups in Bangkok. Chairs the monthly Committee meetings and writes a monthly column for the magazine. Endeavors to be present at BAMBI meetings and activities. Prepares annual report for the AGM and the CBFT. Together with the Treasurer, sets the budget for each member position, e.g. BAMBI events, BAMBI charities. Responsible for recruiting new volunteers and is the first contact for new people interested in volunteering.
Responsible for content, layout and updating the BAMBI website. Coordinates all website technical functioning with the assigned agency. Provides email support to BAMBI volunteers and coordinates with committee members regarding website structure, content, policy, financing, etc. With the Website Assistants, works diligently to ensure that all classifieds, events, vacancies, etc. are up-to-date and site-appropriate. Attends monthly committee meetings as a voting committee member. No IT experience needed.
Works together with Activities Coordinator to organize activities for older kids (3-6 years). Attends and manages the activity: collects entrance donations, and welcomes new and current members. Helps the Coordinator develop new activities and coordinate with activity leaders and venues. Requires minimum commitment of one afternoon per month.
Attends and manages the playgroup: collects entrance donations, welcomes new and current members to the playgroup, and takes photos of the playgroup for BAMBI News magazine. BAMBI playgroups are predominantly ‘free-play’; however, Playgroup Leaders and Co-leaders can voluntarily introduce circle time or short activities to their playgroup at their discretion. We have positions for Playgroup Leaders/Co-leaders at various locations throughout Bangkok, Sukhumvit, Sathorn, and Silom.
EDITOR, BAMBI NEWS
This is a remote position, with attendance required at the monthly committee meeting and occasional team meetings. The Editor plans content for the monthly magazine and gathers articles from an extensive database of writers. Works with the Deputy Editor to assign articles to assistants for editing, proofreading, and uploading on the website. Decides on the layout of the magazine and coordinates production with the help of the team and a graphic designer. Must possess an eye for detail, a high level of English, and the ability to work to deadlines. Training provided.
ASSISTANT EDITOR, BAMBI News
Working closely with the Editor, revises articles to ensure that the magazine is free of inconsistencies and error, including spelling and grammar. If needed, produces material for print and, on occasion, helps to guide the magazine through production process. Must possess an eye for detail and the ability to work to deadline.
Helps the Treasurer take care of all financial aspects of BAMBI, including but not limited to: supporting BAMBI volunteers on financial aspects, processing payments and receipts, preparing report to the committee and annual reports, ensuring compliance with accounting/bookkeeping. Financial background is not mandatory, but preferred.