Call for Volunteers
BAMBI is run by a group of lovely volunteers. Want to have fun, work together with other great parents, brush up on your professional skills, and do something for the BAMBI community? This is your chance!
The volunteers who run BAMBI are organized into the following teams:
- BAMBI Playgroups (Coordinator, Assistants, Playgroup Leaders)
- Activities for kids over 3 years of age (Coordinator, Assistants, Activity Leaders)
- Events & Yard Sales (Coordinators and Assistants)
- Charities (Coordinator and Assistants)
- Media (Coordinator, E-newsletter Assistant, and Design Team)
- BAMBI News magazine (Editor, Deputy Editor, Assistant Editors, Photo Editor, Japanese Editors)
- Me-Time Project (Coordinator)
- WOMBLES evenings out (Coordinator)
- Administration/Management (Chairwoman, Vice-Chairwoman, Secretaries, Treasurer and Assistants, Website Coordinator and Assistants, Database Coordinator and Assistants, Benefits Coordinator)
- Language assistance (Coordinators)
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteering for BAMBI means you get to:
- Work with a great group of like-minded people and feel involved.
- Take a role in directing the future of BAMBI.
- Have something concrete to put on your resume.
Ummmm… zero! But entrance fees are waived for committee members attending BAMBI playgroups and events (including Bumps & Babies, Yard Sales, parties and special events). Volunteers and their families are also treated twice a year at fabulous volunteer appreciation events.
- All voting committee members are required to attend the monthly committee meeting.
- You and your family come first. As a volunteer, you will be expected to do what you say you will do, but with the understanding that being the parent of young children often brings unexpected situations. You will form part of a team of parents – everyone is in the same boat!
- While the committee year runs for 12 months, many of us are unsure of our tenure in Bangkok. All we ask is for your commitment for as long as you can manage it.
- All volunteers agree to abide by BAMBI’s statement of values.
For more info
Current vacancies are listed below.
If you have questions or need more info, please contact us.
EDITOR, BAMBI NEWS
This is a remote position, with attendance required at the monthly committee meeting and occasional team meetings. The Editor plans content for the monthly magazine and gathers articles from an extensive database of writers. Works with the Deputy Editor to assign articles to assistants for editing, proofreading, and uploading on the website. Decides on the layout of the magazine and coordinates production with the help of the team and a graphic designer. Must possess an eye for detail, a high level of English, and the ability to work to deadlines. Training provided.
ASSISTANT EDITOR, BAMBI NEWS
This is a remote position, with occasional face-to-face team meetings. Works closely with the editor to revise articles to ensure that the magazine is free of inconsistencies and errors. Follows the editorial guidelines to complete tasks, including copyediting, proofreading, and uploading articles on the website. If needed, may write articles. Must possess a great level of English, an eye for detail, and the ability to work to deadlines.
Attends and manages the playgroup: collects entrance donations, welcomes new and current members to the playgroup, and takes photos of the playgroup for BAMBI News magazine. BAMBI playgroups are predominantly ‘free-play’; however, Playgroup Leaders and Co-leaders can voluntarily introduce circle time or short activities to their playgroup at their discretion. We have positions for Playgroup Leaders/Co-leaders at various locations throughout Bangkok, Sukhumvit, Sathorn, and Silom.
Works together with Activities Coordinator to organize activities for older kids (3-6 years). Attends and manages the activity: collects entrance donations, and welcomes new and current members. Helps the Coordinator develop new activities and coordinate with activity leaders and venues. Requires a minimum commitment of one afternoon per month.
ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Works with different venues in setting up profitable activities for older kids (3-6 years) Manages the posting of the event on social media as well as the bookings for each activity. Communication skills are important. Information on bookings and activities to be passed on to activities leaders and the venues. May be required to step in and support the running of an activity if needed.
Acts as the administrator for the committee. Records and distributes minutes of meetings, handles general correspondence, writes thank you letters, performs office-related tasks, keeps details of the Committee members up to date and checks that BAMBI constitution is adhered to. Chairs committee meetings when Chair or Vice are not available. May also help with the representative aspects of the Chair.
NEW MEMBERS/POP UP ASSISTANT
Assists the New Member coordinator to arrange monthly BAMBI New member coffee mornings in various locations in Bangkok. The role involves helping to set up the venue, welcoming families and answering membership queries about BAMBI. The New members team are also responsible for organising weekend pop up playgroups (usually one Saturday morning per month) so there is a requirement for 2-3 hours on a Saturday once per month.
PLAYGROUP BOOKING COORDINATOR
This role involves controlling playgroup bookings where registration is required, as well as answering any questions in regard to playgroups. Once bookings are closed it is important this person clearly communicates to playgroup coordinators & leaders on all relevant information. Booking forms will open 4 days prior to the event so this will need to be managed on an ongoing basis. In the months where air quality is a concern, this person is to manage the AQI & the BAMBI policy on a daily basis and would be responsible for clear communication to all volunteers and bookings as well as communicating on social media.