Call for Volunteers
BAMBI is run by a group of lovely volunteers. Want to have fun, work together with other great parents, brush up on your professional skills, and do something for the BAMBI community? This is your chance!
The volunteers who run BAMBI are organized into the following teams:
- BAMBI Playgroups (Coordinator, Assistants, Playgroup Leaders)
- Activities for kids over 3 years of age (Coordinator, Assistants, Activity Leaders)
- Events & Yard Sales (Coordinators and Assistants)
- Charities (Coordinator and Assistants)
- Media (Coordinator, E-newsletter Assistant, and Design Team)
- BAMBI News magazine (Editor, Deputy Editor, Assistant Editors, Photo Editor, Japanese Editors)
- Me-Time Project (Coordinator)
- Administration/Management (Chairwoman, Vice-Chairwoman, Secretaries, Treasurer and Assistants, Website Coordinator and Assistants, Database Coordinator and Assistants, Benefits Coordinator)
- Language assistance (Coordinators)
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteering for BAMBI means you get to:
- Work with a great group of like-minded people and feel involved.
- Take a role in directing the future of BAMBI.
- Have something concrete to put on your resume.
Ummmm… zero! But entrance fees are waived for committee members attending BAMBI playgroups and events (including Bumps & Babies, Yard Sales, parties and special events). Volunteers and their families are also treated twice a year at fabulous volunteer appreciation events.
- All voting committee members are required to attend the monthly committee meeting.
- You and your family come first. As a volunteer, you will be expected to do what you say you will do, but with the understanding that being the parent of young children often brings unexpected situations. You will form part of a team of parents – everyone is in the same boat!
- While the committee year runs for 12 months, many of us are unsure of our tenure in Bangkok. All we ask is for your commitment for as long as you can manage it.
- All volunteers agree to abide by BAMBI’s statement of values.
For more info
Current vacancies are listed below.
If you have questions or need more info, please contact us.
ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Assists activities coordinator in working with different venues in setting up profitable activities for older kids (3-6 years). Assists in managing the posting of the event on social media as well as the bookings for each activity. Communication skills are important. Information on bookings and activities to be passed on to activities leaders and the venues. May be required to step in and support the running of an activity if needed.
PLAYGROUP LEADER (Daddy playgroup)
Attends and manages the playgroup: collects entrance donations, welcomes new and current members to the playgroup, and takes photos of the playgroup for BAMBI News magazine. BAMBI playgroups are predominantly ‘free-play’; however, Playgroup Leaders and Co-leaders can voluntarily introduce circle time or short activities to their playgroup at their discretion. We have positions for Playgroup Leaders/Co-leaders at various locations throughout Bangkok, Sukhumvit, Sathorn, and Silom.
Works together with Activities Coordinator to organize activities for older kids (3-6 years). Attends and manages the activity: collects entrance donations, and welcomes new and current members. Helps the Coordinator develop new activities and coordinate with activity leaders and venues. Requires a minimum commitment of one afternoon per month.
EDITOR, BAMBI MAGAZINE
The Editor plans content for the monthly magazine and gathers articles from an extensive database of writers. Works with the Deputy Editor to assign articles to assistants for editing, proofreading, and uploading on the website. Decides on the layout of the magazine and coordinates production with the help of the team and a graphic designer. Must possess an eye for detail, a high level of English, and the ability to work to deadlines. This is a remote position, but attendance is required at the monthly committee meeting and occasional team meetings.
Acts as the administrator for the committee. Records and distributes minutes of meetings, handles general correspondence, writes thank you letters, performs office-related tasks, keeps details of the Committee members up to date and checks that BAMBI constitution is adhered to. Chairs committee meetings when Chair or Vice are not available. May also help with the representative aspects of the Chair.
NEW MEMBERS ASSISTANT
Assists the New Member coordinator to arrange monthly BAMBI New member coffee mornings in various locations in Bangkok. The role involves helping to set up the venue, welcoming families and answering membership queries about BAMBI. The New members team are also responsible for organising weekend pop up playgroups (usually one Saturday morning per month) so there is a requirement for 2-3 hours on a Saturday once per month.
Assists the Editor with overall production tasks for the monthly BAMBI magazine. Is available to attend committee meetings on behalf of the editor when required. Works with the editor to assign articles for assistants to edit, proofread, and upload on the website. Must possess an eye for detail, a high level of English, and the ability to work to deadlines and keep the team on track.
Responsible for content, layout and updating the BAMBI website. Coordinates all website technical functioning with the assigned agency. Provides email support to BAMBI volunteers and coordinates with committee members regarding website structure, content, policy, financing, etc. Works diligently to ensure that all classifieds, events, vacancies, etc. are up-to-date and site-appropriate. Attends monthly committee meetings as a voting committee member. No IT experience needed.
As the name suggests, coordinates fun activities for members. Liaises and negotiates with different venues searching for unique activities for mums and dads to participate in.
Supports the Website Coordinator in the layout and content updates of the BAMBI website. Liaises with the database coordinator to ensure a smooth user interface for membership requests and with the other members of the BAMBI committee to streamline processes for updating events and information on the BAMBI website. Experience of WordPress websites would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.