Call for Volunteers
BAMBI is run by a group of lovely volunteers. Want to have fun, work together with other great parents, brush up on your professional skills, and do something for the BAMBI community? This is your chance!
The volunteers who run BAMBI are organized into the following teams:
- BAMBI Playgroups (Coordinator, Assistants, Playgroup Leaders)
- Activities for kids over 3 years of age (Coordinator, Assistants, Activity Leaders)
- Events & Yard Sales (Coordinators and Assistants) & Me-Time Project(Coordinator)
- Charities (Coordinator and Assistants)
- Media (Coordinator, E-newsletter Assistant, and Design Team)
- BAMBI News magazine (Editor, Deputy Editor, Assistant Editors, Photo Editor, Japanese Editors)
- Administration/Management (Chairwoman, Vice-Chairwoman, Secretaries, Treasurer and Assistants, Website Coordinator and Assistants, Database Coordinator and Assistants, Benefits Coordinator)
- Language assistance (Coordinators)
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteering for BAMBI means you get to:
- Work with a great group of like-minded people and feel involved.
- Take a role in directing the future of BAMBI.
- Have something concrete to put on your resume.
Ummmm… zero! But entrance fees are waived for committee members attending BAMBI playgroups and events (including Bumps & Babies, Yard Sales, parties and special events). Volunteers and their families are also treated twice a year at fabulous volunteer appreciation events.
- All voting committee members are required to attend the monthly committee meeting.
- You and your family come first. As a volunteer, you will be expected to do what you say you will do, but with the understanding that being the parent of young children often brings unexpected situations. You will form part of a team of parents – everyone is in the same boat!
- While the committee year runs for 12 months, many of us are unsure of our tenure in Bangkok. All we ask is for your commitment for as long as you can manage it.
- All volunteers agree to abide by BAMBI’s statement of values.
For more info
Current vacancies are listed below.
If you have questions or need more info, please contact us.
ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Assists activities coordinator in working with different venues in setting up profitable activities for older kids (3-6 years). Assists in managing the posting of the event on social media as well as the bookings for each activity. Communication skills are important. Information on bookings and activities to be passed on to activities leaders and the venues. May be required to step in and support the running of an activity if needed.
Works together with Activities Coordinator to organize activities for older kids (3-6 years). Attends and manages the activity: collects entrance donations, and welcomes new and current members. Helps the Coordinator develop new activities and coordinate with activity leaders and venues. Requires a minimum commitment of one afternoon per month.
Attends and manages the playgroup: collects entrance donations, welcomes new and current members to the playgroup, and takes photos of the playgroup for BAMBI News magazine. BAMBI playgroups are predominantly ‘free-play’; however, Playgroup Leaders and Co-leaders can voluntarily introduce circle time or short activities to their playgroup at their discretion. We have positions for Playgroup Leaders/Co-leaders at various locations throughout Bangkok, Sukhumvit, Sathorn, and Silom.
NEW MEMBERS ASSISTANT
Assists the New Member coordinator to arrange monthly BAMBI New member coffee mornings in various locations in Bangkok. The role involves helping to set up the venue, welcoming families and answering membership queries about BAMBI. The New members team are also responsible for organizing weekend pop up playgroups (usually one Saturday).
Responsible for managing the playgroup team consisting of 3 assistants and approximately 25 Playgroup Leaders ensuring they are running to BAMBI standards, including and not limited to managing the bookings for playgroups that require registration. This role also involves selecting the right venues, meeting and negotiating with venues for new playgroups and recruiting new volunteers. The playgroup coordinator works with fellow members of the team to ensure all playgroups are manned and team feedback is actioned. Training is involved when there are new initiatives relevant to playgroups as well as holding quarterly team meetings. Attends monthly committee meetings as a voting committee member.
As the name suggests, coordinates fun activities for members. Liaises and negotiates with different venues searching for unique activities for mums and dads to participate in.
Assists the Events Coordinator in planning events throughout the year including Halloween & Christmas. Events assistant supports from planning to the execution and running of the events.
The role of the photographer involves working with the photography team going to playgroups, activities, events and parties to take candid photos which are posted on our communication channels such as the magazine, website and social media.
BUMPS & BABIES ASSISTANT
This role involves assisting the Bumps and Babies Coordinator with bookings for playgroups as well as attending the playgroup to register members, collecting and reporting the income as well as registering new members.
Helps the Treasurer take care of the financial aspects of BAMBI related to Playgroups, Activities, and Events. Receives and checks reports from Playgroup Leaders, Activity Leaders, and Event Managers. Organizes the paperwork and forwards to the Bookkeeper monthly. At times, also assists the Treasurer with other financial duties, such as making notes in the bank transaction records, compiling Profit and Loss data, and other duties. Financial background is not mandatory, but preferred.