Family-Friendly Spaghetti Carbonara
Published on: May 12, 2021
Vana has secured her son’s favorite spaghetti carbonara recipe from Audrey’s Café for BAMBI families to try at home for a simple and tasty meal.
By Vana Kasemsri
My children went to a nursery in the Thonglor area, and we were fortunate to discover Audrey’s Café, which is within walking distance from the nursery. We would go there often as my two children were always hungry after school.
The eatery is very homey, with a cozy and family-friendly atmosphere. The menu offers lots of variety, for when children are extra hungry or if they just want a small snack. My children enjoy the pasta dishes and a simple dish of fried rice with scrambled egg omelet on top. Also, the seating areas are spacious and there is always a quiet corner to sit and read while waiting for your food to be served.
We often see the owner, Khun Bam, bringing her two children there after school as well, so she provides children’s cutlery sets and highchairs and there is a small outdoor area for customers to park their strollers.
If you are looking for a family-friendly restaurant that offers a variety of dishes and desserts, you may want to check out Audrey’s at audreygroup.com.
To try Audrey’s spaghetti carbonara recipe, you only need a handful of ingredients. Both you and your children can get together in the kitchen to enjoy this simple and delicious recipe.
100 grams spaghetti
150 grams cooking cream
1 egg yolk
70 grams bacon, cut into small pieces
10 grams grated parmesan cheese
A pinch of salt
30 ml olive oil
Parsley for garnishing
- Put a large pot of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Then add dry spaghetti, and cook, uncovered, at a rolling boil. Add a little olive oil to the boiling spaghetti pot to make sure it won’t be sticky.
- When the spaghetti is al dente (firm), use tongs to move it to a bowl. It will still be dripping wet.
- Set medium heat and add shredded bacon into the pan and fry until cooked (no need to add oil). Some of the soft parts will cook faster so set them aside and continue to fry the rest until crispy. Set it aside once cooked.
- In the same pan, pour out any leftover fat and add the cooking cream, salt, and parmesan cheese. Mix until the cream thickens.
- Add spaghetti and the soft-cooked bacon and mix all the ingredients.
- Add the egg yolk and quickly stir well over low heat until the yolk begins to cook.
- Top with crispy bacon, parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley and it’s ready to eat.
About the Author
Vana Kasemsri, a Thai national born in the US, has lived overseas for a significant part of her life. She is a BAMBI volunteer, and works for B Grimm Company, overseeing their charity and conservation projects. Vana enjoys spending her free time exploring Bangkok and its surrounding provinces with her family. She hopes to share her views and travel experiences with newcomers to Thailand and BAMBI members. You can email her at email@example.com.
The views expressed in the articles in this magazine are not necessarily those of BAMBI committee members and we assume no responsibility for them or their effects. BAMBI welcomes volunteer contributors to our magazine. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.